The NB Doctors Cycling Against Cancer Ride is a 5-day cycling event supporting the Dr. Sheldon H. Rubin Oncology Clinic and the oncology inpatient unit at The Moncton Hospital.
Led by Dr. Mohammed Harb, a group of physicians, as well as their family, friends, and colleagues have committed to this 500 kilometre ride throughout beautiful New Brunswick.
!! 2019 CYCLIST REGISTRATION WILL BE OPENING SOON !!
Our volunteers for the 500km ride are Paul & Melvina Glidden, Kathleen Lapierre, Larry MacDonnell, and Bob Devereaux.
Most of these folks have been with us since the beginning — we can’t thank you all enough for your commitment and support.
2019 RIDE AND HOW TO DONATE
The 2019 ride will take place June 24th to the 28th. The route itinerary is provided on the Route & Itinerary page. Donations are being accepted now. To find out how to donate, please visit our Donate Now page!
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Facebook!
THANK YOU DONORS & SPONSORS
Since the inaugural trek in 2015, the ride has been a tremendous success raising $183,583 to date for Dr. Sheldon H. Rubin Oncology Clinic located at The Moncton Hospital. Proceeds have been invested in:
- Clinical Trial program (used to ensure quicker and more‐accurate results for patients enrolled in the program);
- Equipment – an electrocardiogram, or ECG, and a vital signs monitors (prior to the purchase loaners would have to be arranged from another department);
- Video teleconferencing equipment (enables for Clinic staff to video-conference with patients and colleagues thereby decreasing travel time to Moncton – especially helpful during the winter driving. We are able to look after our patients while we keep them close to their families and communities); and
- Sleeper Chairs (for loved ones during the long hospital stays that can be a reality when treating patients. Specifically designed for healthcare environments, these sturdy chairs easily convert to cots for sleeping);
- Updated blood pressure monitors for the 4200 inpatient unit
- Leading edge equipment for enabling early detection of cancer in the lymph nodes of breast cancer patients.