UPDATE: April 29th 2020
The 2020 ride has changed….
As the global situation with COVID19 evolves, we are opening up the registration for this year’s ride to respect the necessary requirements to contain the spread of the virus while ensuring that fundraising to help cancer care at The Moncton Hospital continues.
The 2020 ride will be held during the week of June 22nd and will be virtual, meaning that each registered participant can raise funds by committing to solo cycling a distance that they set in a location of their choosing.
In previous years participants cycled in a group, however this year we are asking that participants cycle individually. If you are considering cycling this year, please visit the Solo Cycling in the 2020 Ride page where you can learn about how to register and start raising money. All participants are asked to observe applicable COVID19 guidelines.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out by completing our Contact Us form.
The NB Doctors Cycling Against Cancer Ride is a 5-day cycling event supporting the Dr. Sheldon H. Rubin Oncology Clinic and the oncology inpatient unit at The Moncton Hospital.
Led by Dr. Mohammed Harb, a group of physicians as well as their family, friends, and colleagues commit to cycling up to 500 kilometres throughout beautiful New Brunswick. Some participate for part of the ride, while others participate for the entire 500 kilometres. We are always and forever grateful for every cyclist’s time and energy.
2020 RIDE AND HOW TO DONATE
The 2020 ride will take place June 22nd to June 28th, and donations are being accepted now. To find out how to donate or support a cyclist, please visit our Donate Now page!
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Facebook!
THANK YOU DONORS & SPONSORS
Proceeds generated for the ride each year are used to address top-priority needs of The Moncton Hospital’s Dr. Sheldon H. Rubin Oncology Clinic, and the oncology in-patient unit.
CANCER IS COMPLICATED. CARING IS NOT.
Since the inaugural trek in 2015, the ride has been a tremendous success raising over $320,000 to date for the Dr. Sheldon H. Rubin Oncology Clinic located at The Moncton Hospital. Proceeds have been invested in:
- Video-conferencing technology that ensures timely and qualitative consultations between colleagues and visits with patients continues despite distance and weather;
- Strengthening the clinical trial program and improving access to care for patients throughout Southeast New Brunswick and beyond;
- Critical equipment such as an ECG, vital signs and blood pressure monitors enabling patients to be treated in the appropriate in-patient unit;
- Funds made available for staff education;
- A platelet agitator, saving time and resources to ensure blood products are available on-site and at the proper temperatures;
- A unit of leading-edge equipment that enables our surgeons to detect cancer in the lymph nodes of breast cancer patients;
- Practical items such as sleeper chairs, which make long stays more comfortable for loved ones;
- Replacing equipment including blood pressure monitors, IV pumps, as well as family room chairs and sleeper chairs;
- And most recently, replacing a patient lift that had reached the end of its lifespan.